MLTY Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MLTY Forums

A communication forum for the MLT students of Cambrian College

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Lab?????

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pre-Lab????? Empty Pre-Lab????? Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Justin

Justin

was just wondering if anyone had spoken with Remi regarding having a pre-lab prepared for Chem this week. We are suppose to be in groups doing different labs so I'm unsure of which Lab procedure to do for my write up, or if we should should just leave the write-up this week until we get to lab and find out what the plan is.

any thoughts?

Justin.

2Pre-Lab????? Empty Re: Pre-Lab????? Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Dan

Dan

Hey Justin,

After closer inspection of our lab Manual Remi e-mailed us, it looks like we need a lab notebook write up of the Serum Protein Electrophoresis... however, it looks like we are just going to learn about what we are doing and get familiar with the new procedure first.

My understanding is that we are going to do the Serum Protein Electrophoreses lab, and follow the day 1 procedure (see below, copied from Remi's lab manual). Though, if you feel particularly apt to be ahead of the game, it may be a good idea to write down your entire pre-lab into the laboratory note book. Though, I doubt we will be using the procedural outline in this lab, aside from preparing the solutions. It looks like we are all doing the same lab first, I think the "group thing" he listed in the outline are for later labs in the semester.

I am not sure if I helped, or made matters worse, but I think this answers your question. If not let me know and we can e-mail Remi to find an answer.

Lab Day 1: Become familiar with the equipment ; prepare reagents required; run first electrophoresis

Read Lab manual regarding this exercise
Review application Folder on the Lab computer
Become familiar with the equipment. Review with instructor.
Organize supplies and materials required to perform electrophoresis
Prepare solutions required for laboratory exercises: Protein Stain, Buffer, Alcohol Fixative, Destain solution.
Arrange serum specimens
Run an SPE
Make sure you take notes in your lab dairy notebook

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum