MLTY Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MLTY Forums

A communication forum for the MLT students of Cambrian College

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible Wrong Answer in Text Book

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Possible Wrong Answer in Text Book Empty Possible Wrong Answer in Text Book Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Justin

Justin

Hi all,

I came across a possible wrong answer in our hematology text. Maybe others can check it out a verify it?

In the Review Questions for Chapter 6, The correct answer given for question #9 is D (page 736). But I think the correct answer is actually C.

Anyways check it out if you're interested, I could be wrong.

Justin.

2Possible Wrong Answer in Text Book Empty ribosome question Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:56 pm

bad lieutenant

bad lieutenant

Hi

Yes, I think you are right; however, the golgi complex does modify and control ribosome synthesis by giving the free ribosomes function,usually by adding glycoproteins. I would say both?

truly,
Pat

3Possible Wrong Answer in Text Book Empty Re: Possible Wrong Answer in Text Book Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:38 pm

LindsayK

LindsayK

Hey, Justin,

You are absolutely correct, Justin. On page 53, under Nucleoli, it states very clearly that it is the site of ribosome synthesis. I cross checked this against our histo text and my old anatomy text, and both agree almost word for word, so that 's good enough for me!

4Possible Wrong Answer in Text Book Empty Re: Possible Wrong Answer in Text Book Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Juelle

The answer should be C nucleolus. cheers
The golgi complex is basically a processing plant. Newly synthesized membrane proteins as well as secretory and lysosomal proteins, leave the ER and enter the golgi complex at the cis...pass through the stack to the trans. As they progress along, proteins that were originally synthesized in the RER are modified. The most common method is glycosylation.

Unfortunately Rolling Eyes there are other errors in the text book review questions in other chapters. Please keep that in mind.

Juelle

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum